Saturday, May 23, 2009

Class


While at spring Market, Elizabeth and I took the time to take a couple of classes. We usually don't do this as we need to be in the booth, so this was a treat. Saturday we each took a different class. Elizabeth took a class on embellishing with Krenick threads- fun stuff! and I took a class called Art Quilts and Journaling. I have been intrigued with the idea of art quilts. There are so many things I want to try and I figured this was a beginning step.

So, off to class I went. It was taught by Jennifer O'Brien of JT Trading. They have the 505 spray, 606 spray, etc... So naturally we were going to use them. We received some fabric, ribbon, small , silk flowers and a paper napkin. And this is what I created. The birdhouses and butterflies are from the paper napkin. Cool! We fused everything together with the 606 spray and how fun to walk away with a little project completed. They also have plastic templates so you can cut your creation into a trading card, or a postcard or a journal page.


So, I guess I am going to have go play some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!