Saturday, October 8, 2011

Winner, Winner, Chicken dinner!

Ok- so no one really won a chicken dinner! But we do have a winner of the Frosted Ruler and the mug rug quilt!

Thanks to all who posted- so much fun to hear from everyone.

Drum roll please...
the winner is Cori who wrote" I'd love to try it!".

So Cori, please email me your snail mail address as I don't have your email!
Our email is seamslikeadreamquilts at yahoo dot com.

In other news, my friend Charmion and I made these great asian inspired quilts to donate and we just got them back from the machine quilter. I am going to get them bound today so they can be sent off to their new homes next week.


This is one of the quilts. Isn't it gorgeous?
I know it is hard to see the details...


Here is one of the blocks.
We used a pattern from the book Loose Change
by Claudia Plet and Le Ann Weaver.







And here is another.








The fun part of the story is that the machine quilter, Connie White of Golden Bells Quilting, asked to use the pieced backs we made,(from scraps of the front fabrics) as quilt tops to send to families in Texas who lost their homes in the recent fires. Her daughter is collecting quilts for those families.

So our two quilts suddenly became four! I wish now that I had taken a picture of the backs!

Off to make some binding and gets these quilts to their new homes!


And then this quilt is off to the machine quilter- if I can get Huey off of it! This one is going to go to Texas too!


Thanks again to everyone who posted! I'll do another giveaway soon- I love doing this!

And Cori- don't forget to email me your address!




Happy quilting!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!