Friday, October 15, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

It's October- and that means more than just beautiful leaves and crips fall air! It's breast cancer awareness month and there are activities happening all around. The local hair salon where I get my hair cut (and that is all I will admit to!)sponsors a raffle every year to raise money for breast cancer.

For their raffle this at Flair for Hair in North Haven, CT, I donated a quilt. It is lovely. It was made from a pink and white jelly roll using my pattern, Jelly Roll Jumble. It is actually on the cover of the pattern. I never got around to quilting the quilt so I asked Deb D'Angelo of Quilted Basket to quilt it for me. What a beautiful job she did! It made my pretty quilt top look spectacular!


Don't you agree? Here's a close up of the quilting.


So if you get a chance, contact or visit Flair for Hair, buy some raffle tickets and support breast cancer awareness month.

Happy quilting
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!