Sunday, March 13, 2011

Workin' on the Weekend

I worked on the shop hop pattern this weekend. Can't show you the blocks, or the quilt but I can show you some of the fabrics I have pulled for the quilt.




Yesterday I got to do a little shopping at Quilting by the Yard in Vernon, CT. Spent time with Caroline Berman who will be testing and making her own version of the shop hop quilt and Laura, one of the shop owners who is a sweetie! Played with fabric- how fun is that!

Today I tried to get caught back up with the Civil War blocks. I never made Block 6 (this week is the week for Block 11 so I am behind!). So this is it:



Blocks 7 and 8 are already done- so now I just need to make 9, 10 and 11!


And I made a block for the Block-a -Palooza Quilt Along- haven't made may yet but I finally decided on a color palette- I will use up some of my red, white and blue fabrics.



Ryan Walsh who has a blog called: I'm Just a Guy who Quilts designed this block and called it "Follow the Leader". I really like it. You can check it out here.

Off to plan where all that lovely fabric is going in my shop hop quilt and then to make a few blocks. Fun, fun fun!

Happy quilting
Kate

3 comments:

  1. your fabric choices are gorgeous :) bet the whole quilt will be wonderful! Good choices on the Block-a-palooza blocks... it'll be real pretty when you use those scraps for all of the blocks ... Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower ... love the blocks you have made. Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies...It's coming along great!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!