Saturday, March 5, 2011

Contest Winner

Well, that was easy! Deb is the winner as she was the only one who posted!

I am so glad it is Saturday. Lots to do today. I have Civil War blocks to make, the directions to finish for last block of the shop hop quilt and a lecture to get ready for!

I am speaking on Monday night at the Shoreline Quilters Guild in Branford, CT. I am doing a trunk show so I guess I better get all the quilts out and sort thru them!

The other night I was trying to decide which quilts to bring. Someone had asked me recently how many patterns we had and I said around 20. I was wrong! We have published 39 patterns! And have in progress/design/in limbo at least another 10!
(Not to mention the ideas floating around inside our heads!) So, I guess I can't bring them all to the lecture.

One of our earlier patterns is called Rosebud Star. I love this pattern. It never sold well- the cover picture was not very good, but I loved it. And when we would display the quilts in person, everyone loved it! One version was a soft green and pink quilt.



The other version I made was different- I used batiks and stronger colors.



That quilt was designed when I was having fun with blocks and secondary patterns- the small star does not show up until the blocks are put together.

Another one of our earlier patterns was called Seams Like a Star. This quilt is another one with a secondary design that shows up when the blocks are put together.Marianne at Quadrille Quilting in North Haven.CT actually named this quilt. She thought it was a fun name- a play on our business name.




I used this quilt to talk about color in a couple of color classes I did. I would use the 3-in-1 Color Tool by Joen Wolfrom and show how it worked picking the fabrics for the quilt. Love that tool! You can check out the updated version of the tool at C&T Publishing here.

I think these quilts will come with me to the lecture- I really loved them and even though we don't actively promote them anymore, they have a place in my heart and they are a piece of our pattern business story.

Have a great Saturday!
Happy quilting
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!