Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wool Market

Last Sunday Jim and I took a break from unpacking and went up to Estes Park to the Wool Market. Jim was a little skeptical at first, but he ended up enjoying it!

There were so many animals to play with. Sheep, goats, rabbits, llamas, alpacas and Paco-vicuñas.
Here is a little sheep I made friends with. Too cute!



And this little rabbit tried to come home with me! Her handler tried to sell her to me and she was hard to resist! She was an English Angora. So fluffy!



The Paco-vicuñas have wonderful, soft wool. They can only be sheared every two years which is why, I assume, their wool is so expensive. Wonderful, but pricey. There was a lovely woven runner that I just coveted.

And the setting up there is gorgeous. The mountains in the distance are just spectacular.

I will post some setting shots another day.

And of course, we stopped at a quilt shop on the way back. There just happened to be one near the little lunch place so of course I had to pay a visit!Quilting Hands in Lyons, Co. Nice place and lots of great fabric. So if you are in that area, be sure to stop there!

In the meantime, I am traveling back to CT this week to see family and friends and then will be driving out to Colorado at the end of the month with my good friend Charmion. Should be an adventure.

And yes, we do plan to stop and see some quilt shops along the way. Any suggestions? We will be going from CT thru Pennsylvania to Columbus, Ohio to see Charmion's daughter. Then heading towards St. Louis, to Kansas City and on to Colorado.

I'll keep you posted!

Happy quilting
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!