The top is done! I just love it.
This has been a lot of fun.
I did the corner blocks for the borders a little differently than the directions. When I started to play with the borders, I decided to put the strips in a structured colorway. Once I did that, I decided that I wanted something other than the 9 patch for the corners. I played with having the corners just be more straight patches, or maybe be strips in a wedge radiating out from the inner corner... so I went with a variation of both of those. Keeping to the colorway, I cut 4 cuts, pieced them and cut the square on an angle.
Easier than the wedge, a little more fun than just more strips.
So I ended up with a pink corner, a peach corner, a green one and a blue one. fun!