Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oh so Charming!

The top is done! I just love it.
This has been a lot of fun.

I did the corner blocks for the borders a little differently than the directions. When I started to play with the borders, I decided to put the strips in a structured colorway. Once I did that, I decided that I wanted something other than the 9 patch for the corners. I played with having the corners just be more straight patches, or maybe be strips in a wedge radiating out from the inner corner... so I went with a variation of both of those. Keeping to the colorway, I cut 4 cuts, pieced them and cut the square on an angle.
Easier than the wedge, a little more fun than just more strips.


So I ended up with a pink corner, a peach corner, a green one and a blue one. fun!

Happy quilting
Kate

3 comments:

  1. I love your structured colorway border. It really adds movement to the quilt. Great idea for the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so pretty! And, I love what you did with the corner blocks! Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really striking with the pastels and the navy BG. Changes the look altogether. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!