Saturday, June 5, 2010

Quilt Weekend


Elizabeth and her friends are off on a quilting weekend this weekend. They have traveled to O'Susannah's Quilt and Gift Shop in Watkins Glen NY to the Upstairs Inn. Above this very nice quilt shop is a lovely retreat area. There are bedrooms, a room for quilting, a kitchen... and you have a quilt shop downstairs! How cool is that! You can check it out here: O'Susannah's Quilt and Gift Shop

Of course, I am very jealous! I would love to be there, but it is a long ride for me, especially with my knee. So I am doing a mini quilt weekend all by myself! Sat morning I finished a top for a new pattern and decided to make a few more - I am making two different versions for the cover of the pattern,plus I am making one for a family member for a gift and I should have enough fabric for at least one to set aside for Sample Spree at Fall Quilt Market!

So I have three more tops and one mini quilt top cut out and I started sewing! Then my daughter and I headed out to run a few errands- including going by the local quilt shop of course! There was a quilt class in progress at Quadrille Quilting and the instructor was Kate Mitchell from Berkshire Quilts! It was fun to see her and the class looked like they were having a great time!

Not only that but some of the ladies were using the same fabric that I am using today for my quit- some of the beautiful purples and green! What good taste they have! and anothe good lesson to be sure to get enough fabric the first time, because if you need more, it may not be there!

So... isn't this quilt cute!



This morning I am off to chain piece more log cabin blocks...
sew much fun!



Happy quilting
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!