Sunday, July 11, 2010

What's new?

What a beautiful day here in the northest! Seems less humid unless I am just dreaming.

Spent a very fun day yesterday with a friend of mine Charmion- we went to 2 of our favorite shops: Yankee Quilter in Oxford and Quilting by the Yard in Vernon. Too much fun! Too much stuff! Not that I need any more stuff, but who can resist?

Right now I am working on a few new pattens- and I think I am getting nowhere fast!

It's the old problem I have: started too many projects and none are completed. I don't know where to turn next! And of course, what I want to do is start the next one!


But today I am going to try to be good. I have to finish writing a pattern so Elizabeth can test it. Then I am going to finish the cover bag for Sweet Pea. Last weekend I made another Sweet Pea bag with fabrics I got from Canton Village- lovely fabrics from Art Gallery. Aren't they pretty?


I think this bag is going to go to the Quiltfest of Jacksonville. They put on a great quilt show every September and we usually donate something for a door prize or for their Quilters Walk baskets.


So, why am I in such a dither with too much to do? Elizabeth and I are going to Quilt Market in Houston this fall! And that means we need to get going and get all these new designs completed, written and samples made to display in our booth! I love going to Quilt Market! There is so much to see- not that we get to see much since we are in our booth all day! But we do try to take turns and walk around a little and see what is out there and what is new in the quilting world. And visit a few friends we have made at other markets.

And then we get to go to dinner! There are lots of fun places to eat- one of our favorites is the Houston Aquarium! You get to eat sitting all around a huge tank full of beautiful fishies! Of course , sometimes I feel a guilty that maybe I am eating some little fishies brother but... I get over it quickly! The food is fabulous and the atmosphere is fun. Sometimes we walk thru the aquarium too.


Enough procrastinating! There are patterns to write, a beautiful day to enjoy.

Happy quilting
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!