Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Ides of March


Can you believe it is almost March? I am so glad! Soon the snow will be disappearing. It has been melting these past couple of weeks so it is no longer a death defying act just to attempt to pull out of the driveway!

When my husband and I were in high school, we took a Physics class and every year the teacher required a project. It was due on the Ides of March. March 15th. The first day of the Roman calendar. I will always remember that.

March- in like a lamb and out like a lion? or the other way around? Either way, spring will soon be here!

And in honor of spring, after a very long winter, I am having a little give away. We have 2 patterns that we have developed for March. One is called "Lucky Seven". It is from our "Wall Hanging Wednesday" series of banners.



I love this one- simple yet graphic. It is 16" x 48".


And the other is called "Lighter than Air" from our "It's the BOMB" wall hanging series. The little pinwheels are floppy and will flutter in the breeze!



The banner is 12" wide - just perfect for that little spot in the hall. I even added little kite tails to mine made from woven embroidery threads.
Or you can make a table runner. You can't tell, but the table runner in the picture is not quilted yet! Guess I better get going before I put it out!

Leave me a comment about which one you like better and the winner will receive the pattern they like! Since it is almost March, this giveaway will happen fast! I will draw a name Thursday night March 3rd so I can send the pattern out Friday morning (let's say comments close at 9pm EST). So, tell your friends to stop on by!

Have a great day because... Spring is Coming!

Happy quilting!
Kate

1 comment:

  1. I like the pinwheel one since I'm a big fan of pinwheels..and the tails added a nice extra touch. Please enter my name for your giveaway. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!