Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Day

Week seven and I was feeling a little low this week. But... two fun things happened! First, I won a pack of Aurifil thread from Freshly Pieced. Wow! Thank you, thank you! Can't wait to play.


Second, I went to the local quilt shop, Fabric Expressions today for their monthly demonstration. Each month the owner, Alison, hosts Terrific Tuesdays where she demos a project using precuts- either jelly rolls, charm packs, etc. It is really fun and she runs the session three times that day! And if you bring a show and tell, you can put your name in to win a door prize- usually a charm pack!

Today she demonstrated  a pattern from the Moda Bake Shop called Kapalaa Kolors Tablerunner. A really fun pieced and appliquéd pineapple runner using this charm pack. Click on the link and check it out!


And I won the charm pack! Yea! Thank you!

So what did I bring for show and tell? On Saturday, hubbie and I went to a quilt show. Probably not his first choice of things to do, but he came with me anyway. And drove. 

It was the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival and it had wonderful things to see. It had the entire Hoffman Challenge collection and the quilts were just terrific. I was told it is the only time the whole collection is seen together. After this show, the collection gets split up and travels around so at other quilt shows, you will only see a portion of the challenge collection, but not the whole thing! Lucky us!

The Route 66 quilts were there as well- none of the pictures I took came out but Ricky Tims posted a few here.

It really was a great show, and there were lots of vendors. I was very good but I did buy one thing, a small kit from Sweetwater to make a composition book cover.

Isn't it cute???



I added some quilting on top and I used, for the first time, Aurifil thread! I really liked how nicely it sewed.



If you want, you can get a kit here at their Etsy shop.

Off to work on another project; but I have to tell you, it is not one that I already had fabric for. Of course, since I went to a couple of quilt shops today, I bought more fabric! Just don't tell hubbie! 



This little cute pile I got at The Creative Needle. I am going to test one of our new patterns by first making the blocks into a table runner. Who knows, maybe my new Aurifil thread will match and I can use it to quilt the runner when I am done!

Too many projects... not enough time!

Happy quilting,
Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!