Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stuff from Week 6 in Colorado

Hi everyone!
I have been busy this week, but not with much that I can post about! So sad.

I did attend a quilt guild meeting this week. And one last week. It was fun. They are both doing some really great stuff. I signed up for a fabric dying class in September. I have no idea where the town is that I will be going to, but hey, that is what Google Maps are for!

At one of the meetings, a lady showed some small quilts that she had made. And one of them used the pattern and tool from Primitive Gatherings. The pattern is called Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheels by Primitive Gatherings. And I thought- I have that pattern! I should try that!


(Oh- and if you haven't been to Primitive Gatherings website, you should go. Fun.)


So I went home and pulled scraps from my 2 1/2" fabric bin and got started. First, I made the large square that you use to cut out your pieces.


And then I started to cut the pieces out using the little square tool. It is just like the Twister tool, just smaller! Itty bitty in fact!


I got all the way across the the first row and thought, what did I get myself into!

Here are the first three rows cut and on the design wall. Really cute.
So you start out with a square about 22" and it finishes to 10 1/2" square!


I'll let you know how it turns out.

Here is part of another block I am working on for one of our new quilt patterns. I had some leftover fabrics from the Aviary line by 3 Sisters for Moda from a few years ago and I am combining it with some fabrics I found at a couple of local shops. Very soft and pretty.



The problem is, I have too many projects started... ever do that? I find myself hopping from one project to another but getting none of them done!

So I am going to try to systematically finish them.
One by one.

Or two by two.

I like that better. Two by two: in Noah's Ark fashion.

More to come soon!

In the meantime,
happy quilting!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!