Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy day after Thanksgiving!

So, are you shopping today? I am not. Well, at least not yet. I never do the Black Friday shopping thing. I love deals as much as the next person, but I don't like crowds. Really don't like crowds.

However, I may brave the traffic and hop over to a local quilt shop. They are having a buy 1 yard, get 1 yard free sale. How cool is that? Not that I really need more fabric, but...

Actually I am working on a couple of presents. I made one for my son and daughter in law and sent it to them in Scotland. I can't post pictures until it arrives there- don't want to spoil the surprise!

And I am working on a couple of stockings- they are going to be so cute! I will post pictures when they are completed.






Here is a close of the one I put piping on. I used the white so it is subtle. I like them both, but the piping adds a little something-something!












And I am working a on new Gifts Galore- can't wait to see that one done. Both projects are using Blitzen by Basic Grey. I got the bundle of fabric months ago and am finally getting around to playing with it.

Here's a link to the fabric on the Fat Quarter Shop site- really cute stuff!



And this is going to be a new Simply Santa, I think.
I need a few more fabrics...












But don't you love this beard fabric? Elizabeth and I found it years ago and I still have some left.

Wouldn't you like a little piece for your santa quilt?


















OK- off to sew and shop...

have a great Black Friday whatever you choose to do!

happy quilting,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!