Monday, February 18, 2013

Aurifil BOM

I decided to start today on my Aurifil BOM for February. It is called the Heavy Cross Block and was designed by Marie-Claude Picon-Iperti. You can read more about her here.












I was having trouble deciding where to place different colors in the block, so I made a few copies of the block and got our my colored pencils. Fun!



After a few tries, I think I have a color scheme. Yea!

How do you like to plan it out? Do you just lay the fabrics next to each other, do you use a computer program or do you make little color sketches?

For me, it depends on the number of patches in the block and the project- I use all three methods, sometimes for the same project!





Pieces are cut...

(1 9/16"??? that took a minute to process!)














laid out in sections...















and one section is done! Woo Hoo!



Off to do other things- can't wait to get back to this later to finish!

Hope you are having a relaxing holiday!

Happy President's Day!


oh- and happy quilting!

Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!