But I must confess. This block is a mess.
I may have mentioned that I have been having trouble with my sewing machine. She is fighting with me over the 1/4" seam allowance- I really think something is wrong as I have not had this problem before. The feed dogs look crooked!
So, this week I was making the block, fighting with Vicky to get a nice 1/4" seam allowance, spending way too much time with my seam ripper and finally, ta done! Finished! I had a block.
I felt beat up.
I took a picture of my block at the end of the battle. Victory was mine. Then, as I was looking at the picture, I noticed that something seemed off. OMG. Are you kidding me?
I had sewed it together wrong.
Darn! So I got out my seam ripper (again!) and got to work.
Soon my block looked like this:
I managed to resew the sections, finish dismantling the block and sew it back together. But it does not quite fit in all areas. Too many mishaps with the seam allowance, too many interactions with the seam ripper!
So,while some points don't match, I like the color scheme and I am trying to be OK with, "It is what it is."
In the meantime, Vicky needs to go to the sewing machine hospital. Not sure if what she has is fatal or not. I feel a little like I did when my beloved VW bug started to go- after a while you are just pouring good money after bad. But I loved my bug- and I love Vicky.
I will keep you posted.
p.s. I am thinking I should name my seam ripper- the sewing machines have names and I seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time with the seam ripper...