Friday, February 8, 2013

What's New?

So, what's new with you?

What have you created/played with/ enjoyed this week?


Are you in the Northeast watching the snow, all hunkered down for a long weekend of sewing/quilting/crafting?

Would I sound weird if I said I miss that?








As much as I love being outside, there is something so comforting about being inside on a snowy day, watching the snow fall, sitting by a fire, bundling up kids in snowsuits and hats and boots and mittens and watching them sled down the hill, shrieking with laughter.

Or going outside yourself, all bundled up, playing in the snow until your cheeks are red and stinging with the cold and then coming inside to heat up hot chocolate and make popcorn, snuggle up by the fire with a good book. Yumm. 
I think it just may be that my 8 year old self has never completely left the building and just wants to be able to say "Snow Day!"



What to do today? I have piles of unfinished projects- some involve sewing and some involve typing. Which shall I do????



























Sewing? Sounds way more fun to me! 












I still have to figure out my Project Quilting quilt for this week. The inspiration for this week's challenge is the art of Annie Young, a blind artist who creates amazing pieces. You can go check out her blog here.

She has wonderful color and texture in her work. There is a video of her on CBS Minnesota using her hands to paint with so that she can create the texture. And she has these vibrant backgrounds but still, her images stand out.


She has this quote on her blog: 


if we make our goal to live a life of 
compassion and unconditional love, 
then the world will indeed 
become a garden where 
all kinds of flowers 
can bloom and grow. 
~elisabeth kubler-ross
 
 

Off to create my vision of a garden where all kinds of flowers bloom and grow.
Wish me luck!

Have a great day!

happy quilting,
kate


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan for today! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Right now I'm hunkering down with a pot of tea and some Downton Abbey (gotta get caught up on the new season!), and then back to sewing a pieced star after that!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!