Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Finishes

So...
It's Friday!

Yesterday I had a great time with Wendy exploring quilt shops. We spent our wad pretty quickly and got a bunch of fun stuff.

I also got some different fabrics for me- I don't usually buy novelty type fabrics. Isn't this little bundle of fun cute? Not exactly sure what I will do with it but... I have some ideas!




Yesterday when I got home, I was determined to finish my January block for the Aurifil 2013 BOM.




And I did. Just don't look too close- I whacked off some points. That's what happens when you sew quickly in a dimly lit room. I have already been to Target this am to get another lamp for the room! For now, I will leave it alone. I may have to go back someday and do a little tweaking!

So, have you heard Monoploy is retiring one of it's play pieces? I had not heard about this until today. OH MY- we have to save the thimble! It is currently in second to last place and that won't do!

If you are on Facebook, here is a link to the app where you can vote for your favorite token.

And Susan Brubaker Knapp has created Save the Thimble logo and it is on tshirts and mugs.... the proceeds will go to the International Quilt Association! Check it out- it's fun!

Off to sew- sew much to do, sew little time!

happy quilting,
kate





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!