Thursday, January 24, 2013

Visit Your local Quilt Shop Day!

Today is the day-



Row House Runner- I am loving this pattern!
So much fun to make
Coming soon!!

The day to show your love and support and visit your local quilt shop!

OK- I am in- how about you?














As many of you know, I moved here to Colorado about 6 months ago. And working from home does not give one as many opportunities to meet new people. Last week, I went to the quilt shop that is only about 2 miles from my house- isn't this great!- AND I made a new quilting friend! Even with laryngitis!

She is a recent transplant from North Carolina and has been here for about 5 months. So today, I am taking her on a little mini quilt shop hop.

There are quite a few great shops not too far away and she hasn't gotten to them yet.

Well, we must correct that!

So, first we are going to Harriet Hargrave's store, Harriet's Treadle Arts in Wheat Ridge. Then on to the Golden Quilt Company in Golden- they have wonderful fiber arts store in the back called Golden Fiber Arts. Lots of thread, paint, ribbons and just really fun stuff!

I just love to wander Golden's Main street which is not, Main Street. It's Washington Ave. Remind me to tell you someday where Main Street was in the town I grew up in!

Then on to downtown Denver to Fabric Bliss and Fancy Tiger Crafts. Love both of these places! And they both carry yarns- to feed my other addiction!

(And yes, Elizabeth and hubby, if you are reading this, I am driving into downtown Denver. Me. wish me luck!)

The back south a little to Snappy Quilts (isn't that a great name!)  and Holly's Quilt Cabin. What a great adventure!

I have lots of projects going- who doesn't? and I need a fabric infusion to the piles I grabbed from my stash.


This is the pile of fabrics for the Star Paper Piecing BOM over on Don't Call me Betsy. I got a bunch of them last year in New York on a quilt retreat with friends at O'Susannah's Quilts &Gifts in Watkins Glen.

Another great store with a wonderful set up on the second floor that you can rent out for retreats.






And these are FQs of California Girl that I picked up in CT at Yankee Quilter shortly before I left. Two great ladies, Barb and Cheryl- sisters- run that store.

(Don't tell hubby I bought fabric right when I was supposed to be purging for the move! But who could resist?) These will be for the Aurifil BOM.

I was pretty determined to use my stash for both of these projects and just add some extras.



Have a great day- and get out there and support your local quilt shop!


OK Wendy- let's go shopping!






happy quilting,
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!