Monday, January 7, 2013

Manic Monday

How does that song go? Just another manic Monday.... wish it were Sunday...

When I was working, Monday mornings were among the worst days of the week as they are for many people. But in my business, Fridays could  be even worse. Most people think TGIF!

But not in homecare. That is when all the patients that have not been feeling well all week call, when the weekend schedule must get done, when the weekend schedule gets revised a million times as more patients get discharged from the hospital and or need help over the weekend, when...  you get the picture.

Now, I work from home. Monday mornings aren't as bad. But still, I can freak myself out with a huge list of to dos for the week and get stuck in "which way should I go George?" syndrome.  So I try to schedule my day so I can focus on one thing at a time and not get as distracted.

As distracted. Not not distracted at all. That is not possible!

So today, to keep the mania down, I have a list. First, I am going to work on my Project Quilting project. Have you heard about Project Quilting? It is named after my favorite television show.

Basically, every other Sunday, they post a challenge. A theme. An idea.
And then you have a week to make a quilt. Totally make a quilt. Start to finish. Concept to binding. Sound like fun? The good news is, any size will do.

They posted the first challenge yesterday so get moving! Pop over here and you can see the idea for the week.

So that is the first item on my agenda. I have my idea so I am going to pull some fabrics for it. I am going to try to use my new stash of hand dyed fabrics. Since I have been hand dyeing, I have developed a two bin stash. They are all small pieces- less than a fat eighth.




We even labeled all the fabric so if we really like a piece,
we know what dye mix we used!


Time to start playing with some of it!



This was my first group, but I am not sure if there is enough contrast with the two blues.


This is group two- a different yellow and a lighter light blue. hmmm.....



You will just have to wait to see what I am doing with this... no peeking yet!


Then I will cut out the rest of the fabric for the Row House quilt I am designing. These blocks were made yesterday. Cute, huh? 


I have a whole list of other stuff, but I won't bore you with the details. Just saying I am trying to focus on one thing at a time. 

As I learned in my business group: Scattered focus = Scattered results!

Keep focused!

Happy quilting,
Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!