Friday, January 18, 2013

Pressing tips

Pressing.

Such an important part of block construction. Ever notice some of us press more than others?
And pressing is not ironing.

I like to press often. It helps me to create a better block.




I usually press first with the seam closed from the wrong side to set the stitches and relax them in case they got tight during the sewing.








Then I press the seam to one side,  from the right side of the fabric.
It minimizes the frequency of getting that pesky little flap that sometimes one gets when pressing from the wrong side.








I started this post a few days ago and I was going to give you some more tips, but then I saw this post at Allpeoplequilt.com! Ta-da! (thanks Celine for the link!)

I am a big believer in not re-creating the wheel.

Good information. Go check it out!


happy quilting,
Kate

Oh, and one good point that they don't mention. Just in case you need to know this.

Do not attempt picture taking while holding a hot iron in one hand and a camera in the other.

Just saying. NOT the best plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!