Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tip Tuesday

So I was thinking it would be fun to post tips here on occasion. And Tip Tuesday sounded nice. But they don't have to be all my tips, do they?

There are some great quilters out there- so check out this blog post from Lindsay Connors of Lindsay Sews on the Sew Mama Sew blog. It is to make 8 HSTs at a time.

Now I usually use the method to make 2 at a time- what was I thinking? How much better is it to make 8??!!

Check it out!

I know I am going to try it!





See? Two FQs and less than 1/2 hour and
I have 32 4" HSTs sewn,
cut and soon to be trimmed.



I bet you can do it even faster if your machine sews a little quicker than Fiona; Steady Betty she is, fast as a fox she is not!








I am thinking maybe a table runner...

 





I love skinny runners for my side table.






And maybe a mug rug. Or two. Options!






(I know- Christmas fabric? Isn't Christmas over? I am just getting a jump start on next year!)

Go have fun- It's a great tip!

Happy Quilting,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! So leave us a note and please come back soon!